This Week in Cloud
Kubernetes, reCAPTCHA, & more!
BeyondCorp, Cloud CDN, & more!
Google Workspace, Cloud Functions, & more!
Apigee, VM fleet monitoring & more!
Serverless exports, Windows server VMs, & more!
Cloud Run, Cloud Logging, & more!
Confidential Computing, Getting Started with ML & More!
This Week in Cloud: Next OnAir week 9
This Week in Cloud: Next OnAir week 8
This Week in Cloud: Next OnAir week 7
This Week in Cloud: Next OnAir week 6
This Week in Cloud: Next OnAir week 5
This Week in Cloud: Next OnAir week 4
This Week in Cloud: Next OnAir week 3
This Week in Cloud: Next OnAir Week 2
This Week in Cloud: Next OnAir Week 1
Google Cloud Next OnAir begins next week!
Pub/Sub in Cloud Monitoring, an AI-searchable video archive, & more!
State of the Public Cloud
Weekly Wrap: Application Modernization, Business Application Platform
Weekly Executive Kickoff: Application Modernization, Business Application Platform
Evolution of the CDO Job Description
How can I have safer and more productive meetings in Google Meet?
How do I get started on Confidential GKE Nodes?
Statcast powered by Google Cloud takes data to the next level
How Contact Center AI Works: Google Cloud and Avaya
Cyber Security in Healthcare
DoiT and Google Cloud are helping customers solve for expedited IT transformation
Weekly Wrap: Data Analytics, Data Management & Databases, Cloud AI
Weekly Executive Kickoff: Data Analytics, Data Management & Databases, Cloud AI
Grow with Google: Tools and Skills to Accelerate Recovery
From Treatment to Prevention in Healthcare
[IDC Webinar] Unlock the Transformative Power of AI in Contact Centers
[Enterprise Connect] Accelerating Actionable AI in the Contact Center
Dito and Google Cloud are helping customers solve for more effective foster care placements
Large Deal Transformation in Hybrid Cloud
Google Cloud helps Lloyds Banking Group prosper.
- Managing your cloud storage costs and reducing the risk of overspending is critical in today’s changing business environments. Today, we’re excited to announce the immediate availability of two new Object Lifecycle Management (OLM) rules designed to help protect your data and lower the total cost of ownership (TCO) within Google Cloud Storage. You can now transition objects between storage classes or delete them entirely based on when versioned objects became noncurrent (out-of-date), or based on a custom time stamp you set on your objects. The end result: more fine grained controls to reduce TCO and improve storage efficiencies. Delete objects based […]
- It's an exciting time to be a Java developer: there are new Java language features being released every 6 months, new JVM languages like Kotlin, and the shift from traditional monolithic applications to microservices architectures with modern frameworks like Spring Boot. And with Spring Cloud GCP, we’re making it easy for enterprises to modernize existing applications and build cloud-native applications on Google Cloud. First released two years ago, Spring Cloud GCP allows Spring Boot applications to easily utilize over a dozen Google Cloud services with idiomatic Spring Boot APIs. This means you don't need to learn a Google Cloud-specific client library, […]
- In all things technology, change is the only constant. This year alone has brought more uncertainty than ever before, and the IT shadows have felt full of perils. With the onset of the pandemic, the way consumers shop has shifted faster than anyone could have predicted. The move to online shopping vs. brick and mortar stores was already happening, but it's significantly accelerated just this year alone. Shoppers have quickly transitioned to online purchasing, resulting in increased traffic and varying fulfillment needs. Shopper expectations have evolved as well, with 66% of online purchasers choosing a retailer based on convenience, while […]
- Docker Hub is a popular registry for hosting public container images. Earlier this summer, Docker announced it will begin rate-limiting the number of pull requests to the service by “Free Plan” users. For pull requests by anonymous users this limit is now 100 pull requests per 6 hours; authenticated users have a limit of 200 pull requests per 6 hours. When the new rate limits take effect on November 1st, they might disrupt your automated build and deployment processes on Cloud Build or how you deploy artifacts to Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Cloud Run or App Engine Flex from Docker […]
- 2020 has brought with it some tremendous innovations in the area of cloud security. As cloud deployments and technologies have become an even more central part of organizations’ security program, we hope you’ll join us for the latest installment of our Google Cloud Security Talks, a live online event on November 18th, where we’ll help you navigate the latest thinking in cloud security.We’ll share expert insights into our security ecosystem and cover the following topicsSunil Potti and Rob Sadowski will open the digital event with our latest Google Cloud security announcements.This will be followed by a panel discussion with Dave […]
- In recent years, stateless middle-tiers have been touted as a simple way to achieve horizontal scalability. But the rise of microservices has pushed the limits of the stateless architectural pattern, causing developers to look for alternatives.Stateless middle-tiers have been a preferred architectural pattern because they helped with horizontal scaling by alleviating the need for server affinity (aka sticky sessions). Server affinity made it easy to hold data in the middle-tier for low-latency access and easy cache invalidation. The stateless model pushed all "state" out of the middle-tier into backing data stores. In reality the stateless pattern just moved complexity and […]
- Telecommunications providers are under a lot of pressure. Customers increasingly expect one provider to meet all their telephony, digital entertainment, and broadband needs. And as the choice of providers increases and switching costs decrease, it’s harder than ever to create and maintain loyalty. At UPC Polska, we know this challenge all too well. As a leading telecommunications provider in Poland, we serve 1.5 million of customers with 3 million services each day, via an IT infrastructure built over the past 20 years. While we still run several business critical applications on premises, it also became increasingly clear to us that we […]
- Editor’s note: Today we hear from Barbara Martin Coppola, Chief Digital Officer at IKEA Retail (Ingka Group). Barbara chats about how cloud technologies helped IKEA respond to COVID-19, and what new connected customer experiences lie ahead.A better home creates a better lifeWe are here to create a better everyday life for many people with big dreams, big needs and thin wallets. Today’s life at home is more important than ever, not only to accommodate people’s basic needs, but also to make space for home offices, remote education and multi-purpose entertainment and exercise environments.People are looking for products and services that […]
- Want to know the latest from Google Cloud? Find it here in one handy location. Check back regularly for our newest updates, announcements, resources, events, learning opportunities, and more. Week of Oct 26-30 2020Document AI is HIPAA compliant—Document AI now enables HIPAA compliance. Now Healthcare and Life Science customers such as health care providers, health plans, and life science organizations can unlock insights by quickly extracting structured data from medical documents while safeguarding individuals’ protected health information (PHI). Learn more about Google Cloud’s nearly 100 products that support HIPAA-compliance.Week of Oct 19-23 2020Improved security and governance in Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL—Cloud […]
- As retail gets ready for an unprecedented holiday 2020, it’s not just shoppers who are looking to go digital-first. Retail war rooms – traditionally a single large room where core IT and business teams gather together to ensure systems keep running, websites don’t crash and items stay in stock – are also looking different due to COVID-19. For many retailers, holiday war rooms in 2020 are going to be scattered across multiple living rooms, couches, garages, and kitchens as people are working remotely. Managing this type of large scale, high visibility event 100% virtually (remotely, digitally, it all means the same […]
Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform
Google Cloud VPC
Google Cloud Persistent Disks
Quickstart for Bigtable Using Cloud Shell
App Engine Python
Google Cloud Storage
Google Cloud Compute Engine
Google Cloud IoT Core
Cloud Deployment Manager
Resource Access Control IAM Roles and Permissions
Text Parsing and Analysis with Python
Text Parsing and Analysis for Node.js
Text Parsing and Analysis for Go
Converting speech to text with Node.js